Exploits of the Frictionless Man as it wanders around the world like some kind of slippery hydra. Music, words and pictures a speciality.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Today: sending limousines for Hitler.

Last working day before Christmas. Hooray! Finishing work three hours early. Double hooray!

The washing machine broke yesterday but the man came and fixed it this morning. Bravo! My boss gave me a bottle of wine. Blimey! My shoes are not too good for walking on icy paths but I didn’t fall over. Fortunate! I’m going to the Uplands Tavern to drink beer with Rhys tonight. Boozey!

I had a dream not so long ago about Port Sault cheese in which I said to the world at large “Port Salut Cheese is not that cheap” and it is in fact not that cheap. Expensive! But that did not stop me from buying a nice big piece of it yesterday to treat myself with. Indulgent!

I think that I have taken this joke far enough for today, although I am feeling unfulfilled so I may have to conduct all my conversations at the pub tonight like this. Risky! Maybe I should apply it to everything I say from know on? Excessive! Or maybe not. Prudent!

9 comments:

Lee Relfe said...

Speaking of cheese (and it is a very interesting subject), there was an offer in Tesco's of three lumps of different varieties of white crumbly cheese for three pounds. I'm looking forward to the excitement of trying to discern the difference between them. What a great Christmas. Cheesy!

Mr Frictionless said...

That does sound like a grate Christmas. Punning!

Rhys Hughes said...

You must be mad to make puns about cheese at a time like this. Crackers!

Lee Relfe said...

I know, what a 'whey' to behave!

Rhys Hughes said...

I bet you wrote that with a rye smile on your face!
Gambling!

Ardbeg D-H said...

I'm having difficulty swallowing all this. Digestive!

Rhys Hughes said...

I like the gag as well. Gag!
Gag? I very nearly choked!
Resucitation!

Ardbeg D-H said...

Taking the gag into the New Year, however good it may be, will be too much of a good thing. Overload! Hang on I've just taken the gag over into the New Year. Irony!

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for my birthday wishes and our christmas messgages. Thankful. I quite like all this it sort of helps remove the ambiguity and impersonality of the internet. Philosophical.