Exploits of the Frictionless Man as it wanders around the world like some kind of slippery hydra. Music, words and pictures a speciality.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

From Harlem to Hounslow, Voodoo priests dogged my every step.

Going to see Satori tonight. I sense good omens; I have seen Anthony twice in the past two days, just bumping into him in shops, and it has made me feel very cheerful to see him.

I have heard some of their music on rough practice tapes, but I'm sure I have not got a clue what they are going to sound like now. I have not felt this excited about a band in ages.

I was looking for a flat cap in town today, but found nothing approaching what I was lookng for, except for on the heads of passing old men. Where do they get them from? I used to have one made of deep blue wool when I was a kid. On the other hand I tried on a couple of hats and they made me look like a wanker. I suppose I'll just have to make do with clean hair and a spritz of hair spray. But if anyone has a bright yellow cravat they would like to lend me I'd be very grateful.

See you Saturday.

11 comments:

Lee Relfe said...

You'd probably find flat caps in one of those old fashioned 'gentleman's outfitters'; I think there's one in the Uplands, near to the Celebration cake shop. Otherwise, I'm sure Debenhams would have them.

See how seriously I am taking your need for a flat cap? See you Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you looked like a wanker in the hats I saw you in. Except for the flat cap which made you look like a wanker. I forgot and I only just remembered that I own a tweed flat cap that I wore to a party once because I thought it made me look a bit like Michael Stipe (but after he had eaten some pies). I'll bring it with me to the gig on Saturday and see if it completes your costume. John said (after I mentioned your costume dilemma) that the gig on Saturday would be a combination of Satori and Sartori. Oh how we laughed....until we fucking nearly died. Ah well....Oh, it's time for my bath.

Ardbeg D-H said...

Maybe you could save your bath water too? Then Frictionless Man would have your hat on his head and your bathwater in his belly... guaranteed to put a spring in his step.

Don't go yet.

Anonymous said...

There is a multi storey car park in Llanelli where men over the age of 65 fight each other buck naked except for hats hats oh such hats the fez, the bowler, the lambert, the butler they're all there perched jauntily on the head of tendonly naked old men. At the end of the night the best naked fighter goes home with the hats and yes, sometimes the heads of his opponents. Be careful what you wish for. Each of those hats had a head once.

Ardbeg D-H said...

I think you'll find, you homoerotic old lech, that you just broke the first rule of Fight Club.

Brad Pitt or Edward Norton will now be duty bound to come to your home and kill you.

And take your hats.

Mr Frictionless said...

I started a "Cult of the Derby" back in the late 50s. We would all turn up on a Tuesday evening, wearing our Derbys, talk about what we had done whilst wearing our Derbys and tried to think of how the nature of Derby wearing had brought us closer to the cosmic truth.

Lasted four weeks until we changed it back to being a Bridge Club. I bet four hearts.

Anonymous said...

Homoerotic. No flippin way. Anyway, just going to relax in a lavender bath with a nice cool pint of John Betjeman's sperm. cheers!

Ardbeg D-H said...

...with a hamster up his bottom and Neil Tennant (of the Pet Shop Boys) standing there saying "It's my turn with the rodent next!"

Anonymous said...

yes i did know that.

Anonymous said...

Still up for squash next week, Kev?

Mr Frictionless said...

With your dodgy knee? Take it easy, you're not getting any younger Gordon.