Exploits of the Frictionless Man as it wanders around the world like some kind of slippery hydra. Music, words and pictures a speciality.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Oooh, it's floaty light.

Well this is post number 100. That's a nice neat figure and I feel that this blog is a little more established as a result. The blog itself started all the way back in July last year, so I'm not sure just how good getting to 100 posts after all this time actually is. I will hide behind the hackneyed concept of quality over quantity.

Today we had a meeting with Mark from Community Music Wales, who has started up his own blog Hendyhair which has a link in the links section as well. We discussed a few things, the recent changes in the band and our plans for it now, and he seemed genuinely excited by what is going on. As a result we have a busy December ahead of us. Rehearsing all week this week for Mark's first listen to the new set-up next Sunday and then another week of work before he comes to listen to us again so that he can choose which song we will be recording in Sonic 1 studios on the 18th of December. This is all a bit sooner then we had thought it would be, but it is great since we now have tight deadline to work to and a definite goal at the end.

So after I finish this and I've made a little lunch for us it's off to the practice room for some solid graft. Best job in the world.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're recording? aawwwww buuuuuuttttttt YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Mr Frictionless said...

Aw butty? I don't get it. Oh, now I get it. Ha ha! It gets better the more I think about it.

Anonymous said...

innit.

Mr Frictionless said...

Innit just.

Ardbeg D-H said...

I seem to have missed some hidden significance to these postings. I assume it'll be something to do with the weather. I usually is in Britain. That's why I usually just nod and say "Yes, terrible isn't it?" when people say things to me and I haven't listened properly. It's a safe assumption that they've probably said something like "ooh, shocking weather for the time of year isn't it?"

I suppose I could just tell them to fuck off.

Mr Frictionless said...

I don't blame your being confused as to the meaning of these postings. You've got to say it out loud to get the full effect, and pronounce the Y as a long "why". And make it a nasal sound as well.

Say it all the time whenever anyone says anything to you, at a volume high enough to set your teeth on edge and you should start to get the correct sesnsation.

Of course if you want to find out YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY you're doing this, you can always email me.

Ardbeg D-H said...

There was a 't' missing from the word 'it' in my earlier postings.

Ardbeg D-H said...

't'

Oh, there it is.