Exploits of the Frictionless Man as it wanders around the world like some kind of slippery hydra. Music, words and pictures a speciality.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Brussels instigate thunderous movements.

Now the tension is gone I can start to enjoy life again. I can start playing another song other than Car Crash over and over again. Or at least I think I can. I hope that I have not driven all the other songs out of my head. That would be typical.

So here’s to enjoying life again. We went out to the pub last night to say happy birthday, Crappy Shitmas and happy New Year to Ollie and Jo. It’s Ollie’s birthday today and apparently he is having cake for breakfast. Well Ollie, I have been eating cake all bloody morning as well and I can confidently say that I feel pretty rotten now. There has been no respite in this office for the past month or so; everyday brings more chocolates and biscuits and mince pies and cakes. The women cluck and purr and say they mustn’t but they’re the only bloody ones who bring this stuff in! There are only so many chocolates that I can eat before I need some booze to wash away the awful cloying gloop of it. Gah and bwah.

The Frictionless Man is off to Denmark for Christmas in three days time. We have train tickets leaving from just down the road which should take us, via a couple of changes, straight to the plane. And then Danish Dad and Sister will be at the airport. Luxury. Then we have a week of blissful festivity.

It does mean that this blog may stand fallow for a while, unless I find my way to a Tinterwebbed PC at some stage. But why would you be reading this thing anyway? Unless you’ve just had a blazing row with your nearest and dearest because you’ve stuffed yourself with meat and booze and your twisted innards have wound you into an irrational rage at your cousin who you are sure is planning to steal your wife who has just come back from a mysterious business trip with your uncle, who developed a bad back and won’t be able to make it this year, so your wife kindly offers to take some presents to him.

She does not return for 4 hours and you are suspicious and enraged and violent. You decide that there is no reason that you should not be able to challenge your older sister for family supremacy and end up braining her with the cordless hair straighteners you bought her but which she is planning to take back to the shop after Christmas because she already has some, despite asking you to get them for her.

Someone calls the Police, you feel the noose around your neck and you make a bid for freedom. You grab a bottle of spiced rum and half the roast and smash your way through the French windows with the dessert trolley. Vaulting next door’s fence you race for the common down the road, and see a child riding its new bicycle in steady circles in the twilight.

Neatly removing him from the saddle after shoving a turkey leg into the spokes you ride off, smearing bird meat across your face and into your hair by way of a disguise. You know that the filth can only be a few minutes away and you must hide if you can. They’ll shoot you at Christmas, especially at Christmas. You pray to a God you scorn that you don’t look like a Brazilian electrician.

Out of no where a squad car roars and as you swerve to avoid it’s bonnet you are reminded of BMX Bandits and ponder why you watched it so many times on those Summer afternoon when you could have been making tender advances to the freckly girl from two doors down. The bike skids, you fall and roll, crawling behind a privet hedge and hastily organising a rude Molotov cocktail out of the spiced rum.

“Fuck you copper!” You scream as you ignite the fuse, fashioned from you torn pocket lining.

“Christ Hot Damn in a Prada Bag” screams the PC as he climbs from the car.

“KILL HIM! EMASCULATION BURNING AND TORTURE FOLLOWED BY A PAINFUL AND POINTLESS DEATH IS TOO GOOD FOR HIM” screams the fascist old lady and her extended family that lean from the mock Tudor house that owns the privet hedge you are positioned behind.

“Request backup urgently, chicken faced man probably terror mongering Latino skilled manual worker alert” the Policeman fires into his radio.

“Give me crack and anal sex” comes the squawked response.

Soaring in on wings made from the skin of a dozen dead virgins comes Cliff Richard eager for yuletide bloodletting. He fells you from behind with the severed and embalmed head of Sue Barker.

As the darkness clears you can feel Richard’s hot moist blood and excrement infused breath on your face.

“Hank is hungry, Hank is so very hungry.”

The last thing you see is the glint of thick spectacles as a grinning form bursts from amongst the Shadows.

Bum tish.

12 comments:

Miss Tigerhead said...

But, how does he end up in front of a computer reading your blog?

Mr Frictionless said...

Jesus helps him. Smart arse.

Mr Frictionless said...

All right. I notice the failing in my plot.

You are saved by the ghost of Steve Marriot and deposited safely in an internet cafe in Venice.

This blogging lark is for the birds I tell you. And this blogging mouse is for the rodents etc.

Ardbeg D-H said...

That sounds like every Christmas I've ever experienced.

With that in mind, you'd better find somewhere tinterwebby in Denmark, otherwise I will have precious few insane ramblings to read on the 25th and nothing to take my mind off the boredom and family rows until Dr Who starts at 7pm.

Lee Relfe said...

Hello everyone, I'm back! Awfully sorry for my absence, but I've been moving house and I am now very tired as houses are quite heavy. I've been reading the posts that I missed - I was wondering how long it would be before Satoripod and HughestheBooze started sniping at each other; 'fair do's' you held off for quite a while. Let's have no more of it though eh, you know how boring it can become.
Speaking of Satoripod, didn't we have a band once? Wonder what happened to that...?

Ardbeg D-H said...

Sniping? I haven't been sniping! (And actually I didn't think that Satori pod had been either...) I thought it was all in good humour. Should I be mortally offended by something I've missed?

Mr Frictionless said...

Morriston Burns is a great man and he is made of gold and he is 100 feet high and he should be made King of the World.

Ardbeg D-H said...

Ah what folly, have you not heard the tale of the Colossus at Rhodes?

And to whom in this measly little world are you trying to prove that you're made out of gold and you can't be sold?

Or something a bit like that...

...But I agree he should be made King of the World.

At least until tea time.

Lee Relfe said...

Are you experienced? Well, are you? I am great aren't I? And I am already king of the world, HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAARRR!!

Lee Relfe said...

Sorry, it seemed like you two were getting a bit arsey, I'm just going on past experience. If not, then please accept my sincerest apologies which aren't that sincere really.

Ardbeg D-H said...

No we weren't getting arsey as far as I'm aware. In fact I don't think we've been generally arsey with one another (except for that one incident when we were both really arsey with one another, of course).

How well does clay burn Mr Monkeychops? If it burns well then why do they make ovens out of it? What was the name of your 100ft golem... I WANT DETAILS MAN - TELL ME A YULETIDE TALE OF WOE, CLAY AND GEORGE FORMBY!!!

Oh, and I too welcome your return Mr Burns, long may you reign.

Anonymous said...

Oh what a delight. I should be working right now, but i'm still too busy spraying tea out of my noise and laughing like a fat french man.