Exploits of the Frictionless Man as it wanders around the world like some kind of slippery hydra. Music, words and pictures a speciality.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

What's wrong with everyone smelling the same?

Just finished rehearsing and the pain at the ends of my fingers has gone and I have finally got my old calluses back. It's like playing with plastic fingers now, if you can imagine that in a positive sense it would aid your appreciation of my simile.

When I first encountered the phenomenon of smilies I consistently misread them as similes. I thought it was a marvellous new way of spicing up you prose with the click of a mouse. Imagine my disappointment.

Mark is coming over tomorrow to check on our progress. I think he will be pleased, although we still have not got the guitar back from being repaired so I have not had the chance to play "plugged in." It will all turn out for the best I am sure.

Rhysaurus is on his way back from his globe trotting soon. He tells me he was tackled by an ape in Gibraltar. Trying to steal his bananas no doubt. What that fellow won't do for fruit. He lent Christopher Biggins £500 once. What a guy.

1 comment:

Ardbeg D-H said...

Wasn't 'Playing With Plastic Fingers' a John Lennon album?