Exploits of the Frictionless Man as it wanders around the world like some kind of slippery hydra. Music, words and pictures a speciality.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Why `Trout´?

The prodigal guitar has returned! We picked it up today and in total the repairs cost £85. A bit more than I had anticipated, but it was for a good cause. The electricity bill will have to wait. It sounds absolutely lovely, it has a very warm sound and just enough top to end to let each note shine through. It fits in really well with the sound we are going for as well, so another piece of the puzzle is in place.

Other than that it has been a slow day. Mark came round to check on our progress, but I don't think there is much to do really other than get tighter and groovier, both of which will just require more playing. I can't wait to get out and do a gig, but that will have to wait I think. We still need to work on about three more songs for the set and practice backing vocals for the ones that need them. But once that is done we should be very hungry to get out and play and offer our creations to the world. I imagine that this will mean playing in some places I have not played in a while, hopefully there will be enough people willing to give us a support slot to get us a fair crop of gigs.

Right, I'm going to have a nice cup of tea and fall asleep in front of the snooker. Toodle pip.

5 comments:

Ardbeg D-H said...

I am a very lucky chap with guitars. Last year I purchased an original 1979 American Fender Strat and recently I commissioned Gibson in America to make me a made-to-order Electro Acoustic. Very expensive and involved lots of saving up, but well worth it.

It arrived yesterday and I'm not allowed it until the 25th of December because of some bizarre pagan ritual that was misappropriated by the Romans.

Mr Frictionless said...

To show the your rejection of the Christmas myth why not, when you receive said guitar, look at it, say "It's lovely, thanks" and then play with the box instead. That'll show 'em!

Ardbeg D-H said...

Yeah, that'll teach 'em to let me buy myself a really expensive guitar!!!

?

Mr Frictionless said...

Absolutely. That's the sort of tough message that you've not been giving yourself for far to long.

You've got to stand up to yourself and say "I'm not going to let me push myself around anymore." And if you turn around to yourself and say "I'm only doing what I think is best for myself" you can turn around to yourself and say "Don't turn myself around to me and tell me that I am only doing what I think is best for myself. I think I am perfectly capable of working out what is best for myself without any intereference from me."

"Don't talk to me with that tone of voice"

"What tone of voice would I like to use when I am addressing myself? Please why don't I tell me."

You could go on for days.

Lee Relfe said...

I wish I could buy stuff.