Exploits of the Frictionless Man as it wanders around the world like some kind of slippery hydra. Music, words and pictures a speciality.

Friday, January 20, 2006

I claim to be averting a catastrophe.

You've gone and done it now, you've gone and done it now, you've gone and done it now. You went and did it then, and you'll go and do it again, I'll be bound. Now, chop wood, draw water, run bath, watch cherry blossom, rest of the day's your own.

What a week that was. Birthday on Monday, Fric Bass made two of her fantastic curries this week, which is better than Christmas if you ask me, Rhysaurus went into hospital after developing the plague in his right leg and the nice man from British Gas said he would not cut off the electricity if I pay him next week.

The lovely Tim Hamill over at Sonic One Studios where we recorded Car Crash has kindly mentioned us on his website. Due to my awful slackness I have not put a link to his site on here yet so here's one: Sonic One Studios and I'll put another in the links section for anyone interested in a top studio to record your masterpiece in.

We keep on rehearsing, although yesterday I managed to perform in the style of giggling shambolic eejut. I'm still hoping that we will be playing on the 26th, but the last word will be with Fric Bass, since her standards are higher than mine. I don't want to be doing any more sloppy gigs ever ever ever, but I also want to play live as soon as possible. Maybe age will bring me more restraint and patience.

We went with the Satori Compassion Drone (Barbara Windsor Class) to visit Rhysaurus last night in ward K, which seemed to be a ward for men with injured right legs. He seemed to be ok, but it's not nice seeing a friend in hospital. Apparently one of the nurses from the Philippines had called him Mr Huge, which should speed the healing process. I became fascinated by the little chamber pot type things they all had except for the Rhysaurus, who insisted on relieving himself in a dignified manner, out of the window. What fascinated me was the fact that everyone had the same design, but Rhysaursus seemed to have a design that was quite different, and from where I was sat seemed to be designed for the feminine form rather than the male. I mentioned this, and Rhysaurus pointed out that it was in fact one of his slippers.

News Just In: We've been included in a pod-cast by Green Dragon Online today. It's number 118 if you're interested. I'm listening to it as I type.

1 comment:

Ardbeg D-H said...

Is no-one commenting on Blogs anymore? Has everyone killed themselves due to the January blues? No-one has commented on mine (http://biggreynothing.blogspot.com) either for ages...

Don't worry Mr Frick; mistaking a slipper for a chamber pot is a common enough error. Why, I myself once spent an hour urinating into 150 pairs os shoes in Imelda Marcos' wardrobe.

That is, however, an entirely different story which involves international intrigue, engaging espionage and annoying alliteration.