Exploits of the Frictionless Man as it wanders around the world like some kind of slippery hydra. Music, words and pictures a speciality.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Keith Emerson in this summer's must see spectacular - The Nice On Ice!

I spent most of last week sat on our new chair and groaning about my back. Pathetic but necessary, since it hurt like the devil tap dancing in running spikes on my most sensitive connective tissue.

We have started work on the new song, Any/All/Some, a bit late as a result of my malingering so it might not be ready for Thursday, which is a shame since it’s going to sound great. Monica has a great bass line gestating for it, but it is a bit of a bitch to play as far as I can tell, so there is no sense in rushing it. After that is done we can start work on What Kind of Rock and then we can get to work on the next stage – a second set of songs so we can do full gigs of our own. I have one so far with a good set of circular lyrics that seem to be saying something but kind of mean nothing. The meaning gets lost somewhere in the middle of each statement, like those conversations or arguments that seem to get lost and leave everyone confused, offended or frustrated. All you end up with is the sound of jaws flapping up and down.

Anyone got any recommendations for buying a small car? I don’t know much about it, but I’m going to start learning to drive soon, at long last, so I suppose I’ll need some kind of vehicle. Cheap would be the main attribute I’m looking for, cheap with wheels.

What a prospect; on the road with the wind in my hair, arm out the window, string backed driving gloves on the wheel, aviators shining in the sun, Dr Hook on the stereo. Dude.

3 comments:

Ardbeg D-H said...

Some sweeping generalisation:

Don't buy anything French they make shit cars. Japanese cars are usually reliable and economical to run. German cars have the best build quality but are expensive. American cars can only go in straight lines; US car designers have never seen a corner or bend in the road, but read about them once in a European tourist guide.

Have fun.

Lee Relfe said...

Hm, it seems you've just had a post from either Jeremy Clarkson or Alan Partridge...

Ardbeg D-H said...

Grrr... POWER!!!!

Ahhh-Haaaa!!!

Kind of the bastard child of both of them, maybe?

Oh dear, what a horrible thought...