Exploits of the Frictionless Man as it wanders around the world like some kind of slippery hydra. Music, words and pictures a speciality.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Those shits sure need slapping.

We left the bass drum pedal in the Tavern. That tells you that we have not rehearsed since the before the 13th of April. That makes us rather slack. It also means that we are going to have to trudge all the way to the Tavern tonight to get the thing, if it is still there. I don’t think it will have walked though, since it is held together with masking tape and lubricated with olive oil. Like the ticket office door in Milan central station (Stazione Centrale di Milano) was from June 18th 1974 to June 27th 1974. It was something to do with a bicycle.

This weekend we embarked on a training regime for Maurice which, as far as I can fathom, manifests itself in us saying “up” a lot in a variety of tones of voice. That and “cuddle”. I also have to ignore her when she starts screaming, which is what the needle sharp, ear wrenching noise she makes is called. I find it quite simple to ignore loud ear wrenching noise, but it affects me on a subconscious, nay, subcutaneous level. When she screams I feel my adipose tissue squirm like live eels in a frying pan.

I have finished reading Rhysaurus’ new book “My Cholesterol Socks” and it’s a winner. Not sure when it gets published, next year I think. Wonder if I’ll get a free signed copy, coated in platinum and dripping with sapphires? Would go well with the others I’m sure he will give me for being such a great guy.

Monica has taken to hand griding coffee for our coffee maker. It is quite labour intensive, but not as labour intensive as milling our own flour....

I, on the other hand, have taken to drinking her hand ground coffee. Just doing my bit for the cause.

No comments: