Exploits of the Frictionless Man as it wanders around the world like some kind of slippery hydra. Music, words and pictures a speciality.

Friday, September 22, 2006

The mesmerising bosom of Bosmo the Mesmerator


New things:

I’ll give our new look web-site top billing – go look at it because it is a beautiful thing. Professor Mark is still tinkering with technology and promises new functionality soon and we are a matter of weeks away from getting new music recorded for it and who knows what else, so it will be the place to go for Frictionless Man stuff. We will be collaborating with Rhys Hughes on a pretty exciting project which will be on there as well once it is finished. Coooooo, stuff!

We have also acquired another cockatiel, who at the moment is the Bird With No Name. To my mind he looks like Steven Fry playing Oscar Wilde. He’s a good looking creature, very nice plumage and all, but he has no tail feathers at the moment, which makes him fly a bit funny. I know he flies a bit funny because he escaped yesterday and flew around the computer room where we are keeping him until he is tame and blundered into pretty much everything. Maurice would mock him mercilessly I’m sure. We have to keep them apart for a while, probably until he can become a more dignified aviator at the very least.

I’m not a big television watcher, the thing just sends me to sleep most of the time, but last night’s episode of Extras featuring St David of Bowie was my idea of telly; like watching a train wreck. I have not seen much of Extras, I always seem to be doing something else when it’s on, but I saw last week's and I will make the effort from here on in. Or at least feel cheated when I miss it.

I am listening to Source Tags & Codes by And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Our Dead (do they all need capitals? It is a proper noun after all…) and really rather enjoying it. It belongs to the Loose Moose and I found on a shelf the other day. Ooops. That means I have one film and one album that I really should give back. That would warrant a trip to Bristol to give them to him I believe. Monica! Train tickets!

It is amazing what van drivers will beep their horns at. I have been beeped at for carrying, amongst other things: a guitar; a bag of shopping; a chair; a bird cage; nothing. I know they are beeping at me because I always seem to make eye contact with the driver who is grinning a big shit eating grin and mouthing the words “nice chair” or “nice sandwich” or “you’re not carrying anything, get your hair cut”. I mention this because we got a beep for the new bird cage yesterday and I thought it was important.

There was a man on the radio this morning who was of the opinion that God put him on the planet to make us all live according to some set of laws that involve lots of praying and subjugating half of the human race by making them hide their faces in public and beard growing. He was very insistent that it was the right thing to do. John Humphreys did point out if he thought that was a good idea he could form a political party and try and get elected and change some laws. The fellow was of the opinion that since democracy was about people deciding what they wanted rather than doing what he said God told them to do he would not be getting involved in democracy, thank you very much. I get the feeling that he might have realised that he might not get many votes if he did. The manifesto is very confusing for a start and I can’t see many people wanting to wear hoods or grow beards. Not when you consider the plethora of hats available, and hair cuts and shaving options. They probably don’t like pop music either.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have one film and two albums. I gave you both source tags and codes and madonna. but jo has copies of those too so i'm not as fussed about getting them back.

I'm growing a beard at the moment, but i probably wouldn't want to if anyone tyold me i should. Exciting news about the bird purchase. I'm looking forward to regular updates about his.her progress, are you going to breed them and have loads of little baby birds?

Mr Frictionless said...

We have a Madonna album? I don't recall that. I'll have a look around, which one is it?

The bird is a he as far as I know, and I think Monica has aspirations of being some kind of bigshot in cockatiels. That's a proper aspiration is that. Just like Geoff Capes.

Anonymous said...

And You Shall Know Them By The Trail Of The Dead have another album called 'Madonna' which I lent to you at the same time as source tags an codes.

Mr Frictionless said...

Really? What does it look like? I shall go a hunting.

Ardbeg D-H said...

Put some trousers on. It's not what you're carrying that's making the drivers honk, it's what you're packing if you know what I mean (phnar phnar).