Exploits of the Frictionless Man as it wanders around the world like some kind of slippery hydra. Music, words and pictures a speciality.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The sky is blue, you say? No it's not, when you get to my age you'll see it is obviously blue.

I’m a bit partial to a shortbread biscuit me and a pack have just found their way into the office. I don’t think they will last long. Biscuit crumbs have a detrimental effect on my keyboard and after some biscuit/face liaison sessions there is a noticeable crunch to be heard when I type. The mind boggles at the hygiene implications.

I have spent the day looking for the right solution to our recording issues, and it all seems quite promising. Firstly I need to pick up some cheap adaptors, which I recall being the perfect size for losing a few days after purchasing. Then I need to fork out for a preamp. After that we should have all we need to record reasonable quality noise. I’ve even found a preamp that looks pretty good and is not hellishly expensive. Could it really be this simple? Only time will tell….

My mother, Jacqueline, has been staying with us over the weekend, which was very nice, and she went home yesterday. She left a selection of items behind her including; some apples, a small digital camera, mouthwash, a butternut squash and a tube of toothpaste. The digital camera is a simple affair, no view screen or anything, but it can take a pretty good picture. So expect a deluge of art (read shaky) images until the novelty wears off.

Download news: on our Podsafe web-page we have over 250 downloads, and over 500 plays in total. I think it equates to something like 56 people owning a copy of all five of our songs, which is a good figure I think. The tunes on MySpace have been played over 1500 times as well, so someone somewhere must be liking the stuff. The fact that we only have 5 songs recorded makes me eager to record more so that people have more to listen to and enjoy. Something to immerse the ears in; a bit like an ear bath full of song bubbles and tuneful essential music oils such as extract of Hancock or essence of Eno. Herbie Hancock mind you, as in “Herbie Hancock goes bananas” and “Herbie Hancock and the Lovebug” and “Herbie Hancock goes to Monte Carlo”. Not Tony Hancock. And not Nigel Havers either. I would not want them in a bath for my ears.

15 comments:

Joe said...

Biscuit in the keyboard. Nice!

I like to stick my tongue in between the gaps, after a while though my keyboard starts to smell of morning breath.

I asked a surgeon once if a nurse farts is it still a sterile enviroment, he smiled and said he'd get back to me, does anyone ever study this?
Literally silent AND deadly!

Ardbeg D-H said...

You should invest in a keyboard made of shortbread. You would have to replce it daily, of course, but the problem would disappear. Also, your work-rate would be inversely proportional to your gluttony so you could plot it on a graph and show it to your manager and say "Look! I have an eating disorder! Give me light duties and extra cake or I'll do you for constructive dismissal on the grounds of disability discrimination!!!"

You could have all cake and no work to do by Friday and you'd still be getting paid. The perfect crime.*

*NB - satire.

Anonymous said...

I like those figures. Based on all available evidence 50% of the worlds population will spend time in order to aquire your music, and as everyone alive post 80's knows: 'time is money'. Ergo 3.5 billion people willl buy a frictionlessman cd if possible. You guys are gonna be wealthy beyond even my dreams! Don't forget the little guys when your living fat on your capitalist success.

Ardbeg D-H said...

Time is an illusion; lunchtime doubly so - Douglas Adams, 1978

Lee Relfe said...

Your Mother, Jacqueline - is that as opposed to your other Mothers, Maureen and Nancy?

Lee Relfe said...

Your Mother, Jacqueline - is that as opposed to your other Mothers, Maureen and Nancy?

Lee Relfe said...

Fucking computer, it said it didn't do the first one! Cock it!

Rhys Hughes said...

Fucking computer -- is that as opposed to your other computers, Bastard and Tosser?

Lee Relfe said...

Yes.

Mr Frictionless said...

Yes, is that as opposed to your other affirmatives Yeah and Yup?

Lee Relfe said...

Nope.

Anonymous said...

time was a relative in the long long ago, an illusion in the seventies and then in the eighties it was discovered to be money. Mr Booze It must have been you I once heard say, 'I don't hold with these new fangled discovieries the Earth is flat and ends at droitwich and I like old pepsi better than new pepsi, cos it's old and so am I.'

Mr Frictionless said...

It's a little known fact but 'I don't hold with these new fangled discovieries the Earth is flat and ends at droitwich and I like old pepsi better than new pepsi, cos it's old and so am I' is the only that Hughs the Booze has ever said ever, ever!

Ardbeg D-H said...

I don't hold with these new fangled discoveries. The Earth is as flat as any sphere and ends at Droitwich... or anywhere else that you care to start walking from.

I remember when all this was fields but I don't like old Pepsi or new Pepsi. Nonetheless I do believe that 'Marathon' is a better name than 'Snickers' (although, just like monkey shit, they're both packed with peanuts).

Time is relative, just like all of your three mothers.

I'm not old, it's just that policemen are getting younger, no-one seems to show one another respect any more and the weather isn't as good as it was in my day.

Anyone want a Werther's Original? I'll try and find you one of the ones that doesn't smell too badly of Sterident and piss.

Oh, and Mr Frick, I know I'm an aging codger but could you sort me out for some 'e' (mainly the one that goes in 'Hughs' to make it 'Hughes' if that would be possible)*

*NB - This is not an overt criticism of your typos, because mine are worse than anyone else's (with the exception of those perpetrated by the Loose Moose, obviously) it was simply a sad attempt to make a reference to 'e' to make myself look young and hip and groovy and cool and down with 'the kids' (man).

Sorry.

Mr Frictionless said...

Yeah, you'll be sorry old man Hugheeeeeeeeeeeezaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Policemen are getting younger, and shorter. I saw one the other day who was about three feet tall and looked 7 years old. He was beating a nurse, who was also younger than I would have expected, in someone's back garden! Luckily he did not spy me up the tree, otherwise who knows what might have happened.