Exploits of the Frictionless Man as it wanders around the world like some kind of slippery hydra. Music, words and pictures a speciality.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

That old cursed monkey hand of Pojumdoraaabui, has got me in its spell....

Mark and I have been pondering the website a bit and the fact that, so far, it has been under used quite woefully. Now it is all spiffing and plush it should be put to work or otherwise I will be committing some kind of Idiot Crime of Waste. First things to do, I suppose, would be to get more people to link to it, thus raising the profile somewhat. So, if you have a website or blog, please link to http://www.frictionlessman.co.uk/ and if I have not already linked to you, send me an email at info@frictionlessman.co.uk and I will do so. Go on, it’s good the soul and all that.

Of course this situation won’t last for ever. I have discovered some kind of video editing software on our new computer so hopefully we will be able to assemble some visual offerings as well as increasing the amount of music on there. With glacial majesty we progress.

Bragging news: not much of a brag really, and probably not something that will be of any relevance to all the grown ups out there, but I know the Loose Moose may have a pang of jealousy when I tell him that I have got a working copy of X-Com: Apocalypse and I played it for too many hours yesterday, although not enough to really satisfy me. I had to stop because it was bedtime and I had to get up for school in the morning….. We all have our vices, and this one is cheaper than most, being free. I won’t mention it again.


I had an idea for a new song this morning on the way to work, which was pleasant. These past few weeks I seem to have been thinking about all sorts of other things other than music on the way to work and none of it particularly interesting. But I had a riff and vocal hook and interesting chords in place by the time I got to the office. Unfortunately I now have to wait eight hours before I can do anything with it so the chances of capturing the thing the way it was in my head are slim. Oh well, it will be in there somewhere, behind the olives and chutney in the pantry of my mind. I have a tin of corned beef in there as well and behind that a tin with no label. I wonder what is in the brain pantry mystery can? Mystery Brain Meat? Unknown Mind Fruit? Secret Head Pilchards in Brine? Enigmatic Mental Custard? Think I had best get what I went in for and ignore it. Maybe I’ll donate it to the Universal Mind Raffle at the Universal Mind Jumble sale on Thursday in the Cosmic Car Park. Get there early before all the good stuff goes.

6 comments:

Lee Relfe said...

Keep it, it may be a tin of fizzy meat drink.

Mr Frictionless said...

Fizzy Beef for all my friends!

Ardbeg D-H said...

Love the new look of the Blog. Very clean and fresh. I have visited the web site too, by the way. I also like that.

Anonymous said...

You have a what now!? Do you need to have the cd in the drive in order to play it? how effective is the copy protection? I want it! I want It! I want It! where'd it come form? Can I have it? COme on I'll be your best friend.

Mr Frictionless said...

Check your hotmail account, Moose.

Joe said...

Argh! Matey!

My pirate senses are tingling!

And my suffolk farmer/pirate accent is coming along nicely!