Exploits of the Frictionless Man as it wanders around the world like some kind of slippery hydra. Music, words and pictures a speciality.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Too many mistaken drains

Judging by the number of large pendants being worn by the ladies in the office either Jimmy Saville has been fixing it for them or some kind of fashion is being observed. At the moment I am opposed to fashions that encourage frills and frippery, scarves and bangles and hat pins and bayonets and mouthpieces and shin pads and castanets and waders and fig leaves and carpet and lamb's eyes are not my cup of gin.

No real reason, except the endless clatter of accessories will surely bring about the end of the world when intergalactic fruit bats will hump the planet to obliteration after mistaking the noise for a mating call.

Monica has taken matters in hand and we are rehearsing again tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, having a rest from it has certainly helped my enthusiasm for the songs. We shall have to learn some new ones as well I think. Hopefully it will prompt me to finish the two songs I have floating around the place as well. Maybe we can aim for a gig before the end of the year, maybe even look for a drummer for a bit of a change. Who knows.

War is difficult, it’s official.

6 comments:

Ardbeg D-H said...

The mating call of intergalactic fruit bats sounds like Chavs shouting at each other on a Saturday night about who shagged someone called 'Darren'... I thought everyone knew that?

Mr Frictionless said...

That is suspiciously like something that someone in league with the intergalactic fruit bats would say.....

Lee Relfe said...

I think the jewellery phenomenon you are referring to is known as 'accessorising', and is a very important consideration in the world of fashion, but not in ours.

Ardbeg D-H said...

I'm not in league with anyone except the 'freedom to accessorise league', to whom I sold my soul in 1963 whilst standing on a grassy knoll somewhere in Texas.

grinderno1 said...

so jfk took one (well, technically he took two) in the name of jewellery...?

incendiary...

Ardbeg D-H said...

Cheap imitation costume jewellery at that... That'll taech him toi veto Jackie's earrings!