Exploits of the Frictionless Man as it wanders around the world like some kind of slippery hydra. Music, words and pictures a speciality.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Gentlemen! You have our gwaatitood.

After last week's awful effort I'll try veering to the other extreme and posting every day. Not that there will be much content, I'll be grubbing around in the mundane for anything at all. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Yesterday I was photographing the practice room from a variety of angles. It occurred to me that I should be trying to construct more of a visual record of the band so that it works as a memory by proxy. I'm always impressed by bands that have loads of images of themselves doing things that look interesting. But then band photographers seem to have a knack of making their subjects ooze interest, or at least the good ones do. I like pictures of musicians when they are not playing their instruments but look like they are thinking about playing, or would rather be playing. I also like pictures of people travelling somewhere, engrossed in the travelling experience, having to negotiate an obstacle or something.

Of course I don't have a digital camera, which does not other me. I like dropping film off at the developers and getting the pictures back in the special envelope. And then the Police leaping from behind the counter and clapping me in irons.

I'm going to see Rufus Wainwright tonight. I've not been to a big gig in ages and I'm very excited. Shame I don't know any of his music well enough to sing along. I'll just have to make them up I suppose. I can do that, I do it all the time.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wont point out your mistake because it would be far too petty to say 'you wrote other not bother you cretin'. Instead I will say: I hope you achieve your goal of a post a day.

Mr Frictionless said...

You are too kind.

Ardbeg D-H said...

I won't point out that you started a sentence without a capital letter and missed an apostrophe out of "won't" too.

pnting otu tpying errrorz is jst chldsih.

Mr Frictionless said...

I'm still perplexed as to what my original error was. Answers on the back of a stuck down comment.

Anonymous said...

i spell i in lower case for existential reasons cos i'm pretentious and super cool.

Mr Frictionless said...

I think you'll find that it is Soopa Quool.

Ardbeg D-H said...

The thing about existentialism is that it is a load of wank.

Angst?

Teenage hormones combined with being French.

Bad faith?

Get a life; worry about something important.

Nausea?

F**king made me want to puke reading it... Bloody Jean-Paul Satre.

Anyway, why did you miss the apostrophe out of "Won't"? Is it just your existential wont to do so?

Mr Frictionless said...

Good to see we're all in a good mood.

Miss Tigerhead said...

Hellooo.... love you bye bye!

Anonymous said...

tofu increases your positive alignment by five for every piece you consume. It's good for the soul, and excellent for your masculinity (if your a shaven headed tambourine bashing hare krishna that is)

Ardbeg D-H said...

I am in a good mood. I'm never happier than when I am being a pedantic pain in the arse.

Besides, The Loose Moose started it... (and by the way Moosey Baby, I think you intended to write "you're" not "your" in that last post... Shall we stop pointing out typographical errors now? I have to say that FM's typing is generally to a very high standard so I think it was a tad churlish of you to highlight the "other" instead of "bother" error in the first place).

Having said my piece I shall spin on my heel and flounce off in a Huff*.

(* a type of small German car).

Mr Frictionless said...

".....I'll try veering to the bother extreme and posting every day."

What in God's name does that mean? Is the Bother Extreme some new action thriller or serial I have missed out on? Is it on Sky 1 every evening?

I had Chilli as well. And I shaved the arse of pedantic tamborine headed Hare Krishna basher.

Shove orf!

Anonymous said...

How right you are. It was the intention of my post to initiate a laugh response by actually doing what I set out to not do. It was a lame effort and I am quite rightfully humbled by your incredulous response. As to your cunning and perceptive observations of my grammatical failings I can only offer my dyslexia as a genuine excuse, and even then I am simply attempting to not take full responsibility for my actions. In future I will endevour to be a better person. I meekly beg your forgiveness, and desperately hope that I never give cause for you to take offence in hte future.

Mr Frictionless said...

That ok, you r teh gay though.

Anonymous said...

I ams what I am.

Ardbeg D-H said...

Sew am eye. Surrey fur my harsh words.