Exploits of the Frictionless Man as it wanders around the world like some kind of slippery hydra. Music, words and pictures a speciality.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Curling players yell haaaaaaarrrddddddddd du!

There’s another bank holiday happening. Good job Monica mentioned it to me. Apparently Channel 5 is putting on all the Matrix films. Woo. Monica is intrigued as to what happens after the first one. I’m sure she will be able to see when the film shows it to her eyes. I saw them in the cinema where at least you could say “Aren’t they tall?” or “Isn’t it loud?”

I remember seeing Independence Day in a cinema in Edinburgh. I confess to really enjoying it, apart from the speaking and the acting. But the explosions were very big and very loud. The cinema had fantastic sound, better than the poor effort in Swansea’s. For me if a film goes bang often enough and loud enough I can forgive a lot. What I can’t forgive is Keanu Reeves. Plank of chipboard in man pants.

I’ll be booking some gigs soon, once we have got to grips with a few more songs. The gig on the 4th May with the King of Despair has been billed, in the Swansea GigList, as “this month’s “Top Pick” for alt-rockers” which is rather nice. And before any wags point out that the Top Pick bit refers to the King of Despair and we are but chaff in the wind, I got a nice email from Nigel Wassell expressing that in his view the Frictionless Man and King of Despair playing on the same bill sounded like a really good gig. So there, trumpet blown. Paaaaarble.

Steve from Satori has written a piece of music called Stephen Berkoff’s Forehead. You can find that and others by his brain and fingers here: http://www.soundclick.com/musicfirst

Monica is currently reading Salman Rushdie’s Fury. It is “very furious”.

I made a chocolate cake which involved two thirds of a jar of marmalade, which we ate after the stuffed peppers which we made when Rhysaurus came over for feeding the other night. Here’s a tip: life is too short to try and remove the skin from peppers. And here’s an observation: walnuts are easier to chop than almonds.

You all do back flips for the navy boys when they roll into town. Have a nice weekend.

1 comment:

Ardbeg D-H said...

Thanks for the link Mr Frictionless - I look forward to enjoying Monkeychops' ouvre.

I agree that Fury is very furious. It is also very good.