Exploits of the Frictionless Man as it wanders around the world like some kind of slippery hydra. Music, words and pictures a speciality.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Piss Snack. The snack that tastes of piss.

Guess what. Go on, have a guess. You’ll never guess. Go on, guess. Guess. GUESS DAMN YOUR EYES GUESS.

Fine. This is post number 200. Well done me, 200 informative and entertaining nuggets of text. I’ve caused only mild offence to a few simpletons and have weathered the patronising guff of a few other simpletons and only lost a few weeks of sleep due to the awful gnawing self doubt that comes from trying to write a little something of interest for this bleak uncaring world. And it has given a few of us happy souls the chance to routinely use pseudonyms, which is a bonus.

100 posts ago we had just become a duo and were starting to rehearse stuff for the BBC session. 100 posts before that the band had just started. Now we are looking forward to starting recording and doing an exciting project with Rhys. Who knows what the next 100 will bring? I’ll tell you who, Benzooquoquedool the Farsighted Pelican of Fortune and Strong Thighs. I would ask, but he’s so specific it actually gets quite boring after a while. And he talks in Pelicese, which is not my first language. So we shall just have to wait and see and wait and see. See? Wait……

Rhys sent us a pair of the stories he intends to use for the music project hoo-ha whatsit. The stories are suggesting to me some kind of cyclical beatnik groove; they are episodic and have a good rhythm to them so it should be quite energetic, although still quite minimal and unobtrusive. I think we can avoid it turning into muzak quite easily by paying close attention to Rhys’ speech and using his rhythm to develop ours. I wonder if he has ever read with a metronome before. That’ll make the whole process excruciating and no mistake.

Satori are playing on Thursday in the Uplands Tavern. We’ll be getting there for the 2nd half since we have been given the honour of babysitting tiny baby Morgan again. So do yourself a favour and get down for the first half before we turn up and ruin the whole thing by whistling along to all the songs. I have not heard anything from them about anything so I can’t tell you anything. Do they have any CDs to sell you? Do they have a dog jumping through a flaming hoop? Will there be a charity goat fight in the half time interval? I don’t know, I don’t think they even know. I would suggest they ask Benzooquoquedool but it might make them late for the gig. I suspect that Anthony may ask him despite my warning so, rest of Satori, don’t be surprised if he’s the last to arrive.

10 comments:

Rhys Hughes said...

If Satori are playing I can go along and give Anthony the book in which his cartoons appear -- even if he won't have the new cartoons ready for me! Ah well!

Mr Frictionless said...

You mean to tell me that Anthony has still not done the cartoons he promised you? That's not like him at all. He's usually so punctual.

Anonymous said...

..

Anonymous said...

That's the most interesting thing you've ever said.

Lee Relfe said...

Sorry, that was me by the way.

Anonymous said...

Unless you have heard everthing I have ever said - that´s a ridiculous statement.

Mr Frictionless said...

Jesus H Corbett Burns! One more ridiculous statement and we're all up shit creek without a pot to flog a dead horse to water and make it roll in time to look before too many cooks spoil the light work for the devil's idle hands! What were you thinking?

I was thinking about chips and gravy. Mmmmmm.

Ardbeg D-H said...

Whilst we're being pedantic, objectsintherearviewmirror wrote "..", he didn't actually say it.

Still, fundamentally I have to agree with Mr Burns and not just beacuse I'm a sycophantic toady but because he's RIGHT Gods-damnit; objectsintherearviewmirror's dada-esque comment of ".." (not even enough dots to be classed as an elipsis) was truly the most thought-provoking and interesting outburst I've seen objectsintherearviewmirror make on this Blog.

Or maybe Mr Burns was being sarcastic?

Or maybe I am?

I can never tell these days. Oh help, I'm so confused... (..)

Mr Frictionless said...

I'd just like to make it clear that I am not being pedantic.

Lee Relfe said...

Er, I was just joking. Never take anything I say seriously unless I tell you to. And even then...