Exploits of the Frictionless Man as it wanders around the world like some kind of slippery hydra. Music, words and pictures a speciality.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sorry, sorry, Fanny is flagging me down.

Sunshine! Crikey! Yesterday it rained all day long and I had to stay inside and grumble as a result. It’s in the contract. But today I can see sunshine through my office window. I hope it lasts.

Work has progressed not one bit on our music project. I blame the lack of sunshine affecting my photosynthesis. It has been pretty grim so far this year and the creative juices have hardly been flowing. I have eaten a lot of cheese however and Rhys has eaten a lot of biscuits. I am hoping that these are good omens.

Last night we watched the first episode of the new season of Battlestar Galactica. I didn’t get to see the last two seasons for various reasons and I was not that drawn to them at the time, but after watching the feature length thing that was on the other day I was intrigued. Last night’s episode was gripping to say the least. I’ve not wanted to watch something every week for a long time but I may just have to with this. What made it good was the quality of it all. I await the rest with something akin to anticipation.

Clive news: Clive tells me that on Venus a new film has just come out about the barbarities of the trade in Bazamble Quinks, which are like very rare bagels, and the Venusian film making community has decided to boycott the consumption of the Bazamble Quink. How jolly decent of them. Especially considering that for years the Bazamble Quink trade has been regarded as being the most violent and corrupt since Spinking was outlawed. Since no one made a film about it no one seems to care that much. What is most interesting is how Bazamble Quinkless all the normally Bazamble Quink laden actors will be at this year’s Thassskocks, which are a bit like the Oscars but Billy Crystal has hosted more of them.

17 comments:

Lee Relfe said...

If you've eaten a lot of cheese and Rhys has eaten a lot of biscuits, maybe you could get together and form a kind of living dessert trolley.

Mr Frictionless said...

Good idea. Would you like to join us? What role would you play?

Huw Rees said...

Oi fool where you going with at frog in your hand? You heard me. I'd better see you and all your imaginary friends at the Singleton this Friday as things could get out of hand. Yes.... Frog..... Daisy, Daisy, give me................Dave dont do it dave

Mr Frictionless said...

Do it Dave, DO IT. That makes me cry that does.

Of course we will be there and I expect you boys to be sssssensaaaaationaaaaaaaaaarllll daarlink!

Lee Relfe said...

I'll be the spotted dick.

Objectintherearviewmirror said...

Celebrity Bazamble Quinks? Have you informed Colin.There may be a market need.

Lee Relfe said...

Yes, I like Battlestar Galactica too. The first two seasons were very good, see if you can rent them on dvd. It's quite a refreshingly different style of sci-fi isn't it?

charnel doze said...

I don't pretend to understand a word about Clive and his Bazamble Quinks, but I'll order one with a link on anyway.

Want one yourself? (Link not Quink.)

Mr Frictionless said...

I'll have a link, would be very nice. Linkage!

Ardbeg D-H said...

New Battlestar is actually very good, although I've only seen the first feature-length pilot, and not the subsequent 2 series because I keep forgetting to have time to watch it.

Didn't Mark Lamar used to host Nevermind the Thassskocks on Venusian TV?

Anonymous said...

Now, I don't pretend to know everything except that I do. Pretend rather than know. Anyway, Morriston Burns is quite right about Battlestar Galactica (as he is about most things). Now then, it seems that we totally failed to get together (me, frickman, morriston, frickgirl and toucan-boy) over the shit christmas and so we should make amends post-February 2nd.

A launch party for the new Satori CD is in the planning and, of course, everyone except the band is invited. I shall ring details to the frickphone soonest.

I hear toucan-head may need more drawings - if so, can somebody tell me what?

Your Portugal project sounds very exciting and i'd love to hear what new material you have written for it.

I want grilled cheese, red onion and black pepper on brown toast (two slices) and a cup of Earl Grey please.

I want to see stars above us and cars below us.

Mr Frictionless said...

I want to see flares to the left of my and stairs to the right.

Mr Lewis. Yes. Make it sheeeeew.

Ardbeg D-H said...

I want to see great golden copulations.

Rhys Hughes said...

That Anthony Lewis is like the comet Kohoutek -- he has an orbital period of 75,000 years. Also his rocky makeup accounts for his lack of outgassing.

See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_Kohoutek
if you don't believe me...

Mr Frictionless said...

Are you implying that he is a spectacular dud?

I know from fragrant experience that he can at times be a formidable outgasser.

Lee Relfe said...

I want do the locomotion.

Lee Relfe said...

I want TO do the locomotion, sorry.